Monday, April 23, 2007

Three of my most loved pictures







In the moderate climate area of the world late spring is maybe the best season for taking wonderful pictures of nature because of the subtle play of the tender-green between the twigs, leaving room for light shining through them. In summer everything is a tight pack of ripe green. I took the first one standing on one side of the bridge, with the sun about 60 degrees from behind. Then I crossed the bridge and turned back to call my dog who was busy with a branch he got out of the water, and I saw the beautiful deep tree shadows against the light, which called for another picture. The same bridge you can see on the third picture, from the North side looking at the South. I love this romantic atmosphere, suiting so well to Schubert, Schumann, Brahms and other composers from the romantic period. And yet, it's a very simple village park, a few streets far from home, just like the small lake with its marvellous sunsets.. ahhh...

2 comments:

Evie said...

What a lovely place. I hope you visit it during different seasons and share some photos with us.

Stephen said...

Great shots! I wish I was there! We have just come out of the last of winters icy grip. The grass has turned, or in the process of turning green. And, I saw my first tulips on the weekend!