Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A hot February afternoon


I work only 3.5 days a week at school, so I was able to go Leeuwarden Monday to do some shopping. Of course my camera went with me and I was plagued by the temptation to go to the camera shop to buy a decent one with some 7-10 megapixels, but how could I account for such a toy to my wife and son? Anyway this one was also good (see the pictures on this blog) and I looked around for some subject topics for the weather was bright and sunny. But it appeared that the low February sun was tougher to handle than the July sun: extreme bright light from low above the horizon. Some pics benefited from it, such as the picture shown above. I was also plagued by my school work circling around in my head. Did I have enough time to go through the piles of dissertations waiting for me? Didn't I better to be home dealing with them instead of hobbying around in the city?

Jee, a man can be bothered by thousands of problems letting them stir your brains, so I got finally rid of them and went home to process the pictures, and go through three dissertations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photograph Erik. It's very strong. Your camera works fine (a larger megapixel camera will allow you to make large photos with better quality, but if you do primarily photo-print format photos, what you have is likely great).
If your mind is being busy, try getting a tattoo. It will take your thoughts off everything else and give you a new outlook.