Thursday, February 28, 2008

Some random thoughts (keep reading...)

Time is valuable. I waste time. Do I? I set priorities. Does everything I do have to make sense? Dozens of obligations require my full attention. Take this blog for instance. When I see how other bloggers in the same situation as I fill their blog with sense-making, entertaining, literary etc. content and see my contributions... I left intensive blogging several months ago and soon my audience shrinked as snow for the sun. Now I write almost only for myself. Does it matter, not really. One can have a blog just like a diary. When somebody passes by (which doesn't happen) then it will be OK. I simply have no time anymore to maintain an interesting blog, and at the same yime practice guitar playing, participate in my association, doing my secretary work for a foundation, and maintaining my photoblog. On top of that, I'm a little depressed person and who wants to read depressed stories? I often think of life after death, for instance. Not my own life, for that will be ended after my death. I think that life goes on after death, but that's life in general. Whatever and however it will be, my death will be more serious for those I leave behind than for it will be for myself. That's the case with most people's death. Nevertheless I find myself a Christian. Don't Christians believe in an immortal soul, that leaves the body to get an eternal reward or an eternal punishment, dependent on how they have lived? I don't know, at least they say so in their (our) 12 articles of faith. I am a Christian because I feel that following the example of Jesus is the only way to survive in this world. But if people don't know or even reject Jesus? Yes, then they still can live like a true Christian. Before I elaborate further on life after death and the eternal soul, first the gospel story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman, one of the stories that form the true core of the gospels. In the Samaritan woman I see a a rejected person, not living up to the norms and values. The woman was telling about the Messiah who according to her belief would come, and Jesus said to her (after she gave him the water he asked for) "That's me". He, a sweating, tired man, simply sitting there as mister Common in person, asking a person who he was supposed to ignore for water. You see, that's Jesus. That's anybody you can come across. That's the guest of the Benedict munks, who see in everybody knocking at their door Christ Himself. Jesus doesn't preach, men preach. He simply says what to do to be a good man or woman. Jesus doesn't want to convert anybody, he lets people come to Him. He says to His apostles : when people don't want you, when they mock with you or whatever, simply wipe off the dust of the road along which they live, from your feet and continue your path. Don't argue, don't strive, don't fight.
Now the eternal life. Let me say this: we don't know what will happen after death with our own consciousness, and we don't need to bother about it. In our modern world we know now that we are living on a tiny piece of dust in an immense universe (nowhere a sign of God by the way) and if we are well-thinking, normally raised adults, then we know damned well what is good and what is evil. Nobody has to teach us that. Only we often don't act accordingly. What Jesus does, what a holy book does, is touching the string we already have in our minds and it starts to tremble and make sound. It's God that we recognize this way. To hell with death! I could have existed not at all, in all eternity I couldn't have been born, but I was born in fact. Isn't that enough? Do we know what "eternity" is in fact? Maybe it's best formulated by "I am part of eternity". There are so many nice words such as love, honor, piety, etc. but everybody thinks something different about it. Every attempt to define or describe these concepts is doomed to fail. There is one thing that counts: recognition. Don't try to explain, just accept the recognition of the Divine, I said to myself. In the eyes, in the demands, in the assignments and duties, in the joy and ordeals that life brings. Try to follow Jesus' example, just try for nobody will be able to follow Him completely. He is our "archetype" (a non-defined word invented by Carl Jung, but most people recognize the meaning) housing in ourselves when only we see it. Who has ears, let him hear.

Well, after all, this became a sense-making contribution. Peace be among us, and let's try to live with our deficiencies and incompletenesses. So mote it be.

No comments: