Thursday, December 21, 2006

about blogging

Well, I took a couple of hours to familiarize myself with blogging. I browsed and searched and I think that for the time being I have to see it as a personal logbook, writing for myself, unless I manage to bring forward a topic and promote my blog by other means than the blog itself. You can compare it with a sea full of bottles with booklets of letters in it. Sometimes two bottles come into touch and a special device an exchange of information takes place. You have to float a long time over a long distance before you get in touch with another bottle. Celebrities such as Wim de Bie, a famous comedian in my country, attract thousands of visitors but most common people such as me must find other ways to get in touch. Maybe I am going to look for blogs of people with common interests.
Another thing I noticed is the young age of most bloggers. Also there are very brilliant people among the bloggers, scientists, authors, philosophers, artists, very active people, also writing for their brilliant audiences, but unfortunately also with very few comment writers. Well, I discovered you have to spend lots of time and also be concentrated on the machinery of the blog with its many switches, instruments and possibilities.
Furthermore I think one must be careful in writing about religious subjects because you will get comments of preachers and prophets with long sermons in which they testify what they feel has to be testified.

I write a column in my school magazine, maybe I can post articles on my blog.

1 comment:

Evie said...

Erik - Thank you for checking out my blog and posting some comments. I've bookmarked your blog and will be sure to visit often. I haven't read all of your entries yet, but I have a feeling that you will have some interesting things to say. Meanwhile, I will continue reading.