Monday, January 08, 2007

Ill

My son Menno (9 years old) returned home from a couple of days’ staying at a conference centre of the School of Practical Philosophy (Of course this site refers to one of the American departments, but she went to the Dutch dept.). My wife Janine is a member of that school, both as a tutor and as a student. The conferences are always during the times that people have holidays but now she had decided not to go because she wanted to be with me. But Menno could go, because couples are allowed to bring their children with them and one of the members had offered that Menno would go with her. And he came back ill, infected by another visitor who infected more visitors of the conference. A couple of days later I fell ill: diarrhoea, fever, feeling sick etc. Now I’m recovering again but I still don’t eat more than one sandwich a day. And drink litres of tea. I need to phone my sister who has become grandmother, why didn’t she tell me about it? I learnt it from a birth card sent to us by the happy father. Anyway, grumble, grumble, I will not bother you anymore with the complaints of a self-pitying not-feeling-well man. See you later.

1 comment:

Evie said...

I'm sorry you and your son have been unwell. Schools, universities and workplaces are breeding grounds for illness. I'm glad you're on the road to recovery.