Saturday, February 10, 2007

Apple pie and Mozart



Up to now, still nobody commented on my new blog about Goethe's divan, but let's wait and see. Today was rather busy. With Menno to Burgum (2 miles further, a village with more shops than Harderijp) to buy birthday presents for Janine who has her birthday tomorrow. Then to Leeuwarden to buy really good thick gloves that permit me to go to school in Leeuwarden by bike. After that, walk with the dog (did you notice the comment from an Internet petshopkeeper looking for blogs with the word "dogs" in it to advertise by placing a comment? - really smart, I bet he has a sophisticated automatic program for it). Then, baking an apple pie for tomorrow (succeeded, although I do it twice a year on the average). And last but not least wrestling with my blog. The sidebar didn't want what I wanted it to look like, (I don't know html), and at last I went to the source of the blog page to copy the text in html (only there I could see the html version, not in the make-up frame) and paste it in the sidebar. Really smart, again.




My happiness was completed by the purchase of Mozart's Gran Partita, performed by the Nederlands Blazersensemble. You can order the CD here. I already had listened to several performances of this grandiose piece of music, but this one beats everything. I wouldn't have bought it, because I knew the piece and already possessed it, but friends and radio praised it into heaven. I wish I could let you hear but musicians must also earn their living and these people are purely motivated by music, not money. The performance is live in the "Waalse Kerk" in Amsterdam with an excellent acoustic contributing to the quality of the sound you hear on CD. Read also the booklet in it, then you understand the charm of this "simple" music without pretentions, upgraded to soul-permeating "light in tunes" by a musical genius.

No comments: