Sunday, February 18, 2007

Geese, meece, a dog and two ducks





In the park where I often walk with the dog, I meet often peculiar birds, such as the "Ijsvogel" ("common kingfisher"" ), and since a week or three some "zaagbekken"("common merganser"). I only had my mobilephone and these birds hate human company so I couldn't get closer, but a got a nice picture anyway.





Easier to put on a photo are the geese around our school. The building you see is part of our school hotel where students practice for their future work in "real" hotels. This is also a real, 4-star classified hotel, where "real" guests are staying. Being served by students they find often attractive. I wonder if the geese don't make too much noise to wake them up too early. But they are good guardians against possible attacks by our competing school at the othe side of a small river that separates our premises from theirs :-).


Then here we have Menno, cleaning the cage of his 3 meece. Joris, the dog, is taking care that no mouse will escape. The desk and the table I discussed earlier in a post called "father's furniture". Under the desk cover is my computer where I use to blog.

No comments: