Sunday, March 18, 2007

March photo challenge



The March photo challenge theme is "Spring". Well, I already posted some pictures on the Spring theme, but that was before Evie challenged us. So I went out to look for something especially for this challenge purpose. It is very windy today so it's difficult to find a plant part not moving. But I'm proud of the result. During my walk (of course, with the dog) I was thinking about whose product a photo is. I make the end product, that's true, and I select the subject, but to make this possible hundreds of people contributed to this product: engineers, designers, marketers, transport company people, ICT experts, etc. I realized that the more complex a society is, the more people are connected half unwittingly to each other, to enable each other to produce, obtain, achieve something. This is mutual: in our photo-example, most of the contributors to the product have also the opportunity to make photos. In our living room we have a painting by Pieter Torensma, a spiritual artist who uses tempera and not oil paint. In this painting you see a network, (he called it Indra's Web) representing the sort of network I mean when I try to describe the co-operation network enabling as many people as possible to both contribute to something desirable, and achieve this desirability. This is multi-dimensional when you realize that this doesn't only hold for photos but for many desirabilities.
"Indra's Web" by Pieter Torensma

1 comment:

Evie said...

It's nice to see that flowers are appearing again.