Tuesday, March 20, 2007

trashcan education



Since a fourtnight or so my attention (and not only mine) was attracted to a series of signs in our school, spoiling the intern architecture by their irritating places along the artistically decorated walls. The signs tried to transfer an unequivocal message: this is a trashcan, and this isn't. I asked a manager if the signs perhaps were intended to prepare students to a visual arts course or lecture about the Dada movement, or make them familiar with the famous painting of Magritte: "This is not a pipe" (Ceci n'est pas une pipe) (don't see above).


It appeared that the signs were intended to stimulate a more frequent use of trashcans. There was so much litter around on the floors, and they thought this would be a good idea.


2 comments:

//Mike// said...

Eric, thanks for your comments on my blog! Liking yours here - will make a point to keep looking. Take it easy
Mike

Erik said...

Miguel, I can't remember your blog anymore, since I see so many, but thanks for your thanks, and please make your blog accessible for I want to see it again, or otherwise please go to my blog again and use the option "e-mail me".